- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can Edgell Chick Peas, drained, reserve some for garnish
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of ½ large lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons chilled water
- Toasted pita bread triangles or similar, for serving
- Extra olive oil, for serving
Place Edgell Chick Peas, garlic, tahini and cumin in a food processor and process until smooth.STEP 2
Add lemon juice and chilled water, continue to process until pale, smooth and creamy. Adjust consistency with extra water as desired.STEP 3
Serve drizzled with olive oil, topped with reserved chick peas and pita chips for dipping.
For a silky smooth hummus, discard the outer skin from the chick peas by rubbing them between sheets of paper towel to loosen and remove. Reserve the liquid from the can – this is aquafaba suitable to use as an egg white substitute.