A hearty, creamy chicken and vegetable dish that can be made quickly and simply using canned soup for a flavour base.
Prep time:5 mins
Cook time:20 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400g chicken thigh, diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 420g can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- 420g can Edgell Peas, Corn & Carrots, drained
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- steamed rice, for serving
Heat oil in a large saucepan, add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add leek and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
Pour in soup and wine and stir in drained Edgell Peas, Corn & Carrots and curry powder. Simmer covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve on a bed of steamed rice or mashed potato.
Mixture is delicious in vol-au-vents or for a vegetarian dish omit chicken and substitute soup with cream of asparagus.