Roasted pumpkin, Edgell Red Kidney Beans and baby spinach tossed together with a delicious honey mustard dressing.
Prep time:20 mins
Cook time:25 mins
- 2 kg pumpkin cut into chunky pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 2 brown onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 750g can Edgell Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Toasted sunflower seeds and slivered almonds for garnish
- 3 teaspoons seeded mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Spray pumpkin pieces and onion wedges lightly with oil and place into a baking tray. Roast in a preheated oven at 200oC for 25-30mins. Allow to cook.
In a large bowl combine cooled pumpkin, onion, drained Edgell Red Kidney Beans and spinach leaves.
Combine dressing ingredients and just before serving pour over salad tossing gently. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds and slivered almonds.
Pumpkin can be cooked the day before and stored in an airtight container overnight in the refrigerator. Use a firm pumpkin such as Butternut, Jarrahdale or Queensland Blue.