A lovely salad to serve for everyday meals or entertaining.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:30 mins
- 600g pumpkin, cut into large pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 420g can Edgell Four Bean Mix, drained
- 3 rashers bacon, cut into strips and pan-fried
- 2 teaspoons seeded mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
Place pumpkin and onion in a freezer bag, add oil, black pepper and oregano and shake bag until evenly coated with mixture.
Empty pumpkin and onion onto a baking tray and cook in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 25-30 minutes.
In a large serving bowl combine roasted vegetables and drained Edgell Four Bean Mix. Pour combined dressing ingredients over salads and garnish with bacon.
Other vegetables can be included such as carrot, sweet potato and parsnip. Baby spinach tossed through the salad at the last minute is a great addition.