Thick and hearty pumpkin soup is always popular.
Prep time:20 mins
Cook time:20 mins
- 1 cup frozen Birds Eye Chopped Onion
- 500g pumpkin, chopped
- 250g sweet potato, chopped
- 2 cups liquid salt reduced chicken stock
- 400g can Edgell Chick Peas, undrained (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Chopped coriander for serving
Place frozen Birds Eye Chopped Onions, pumpkin, sweet potato, stock and Edgell Chick Peas in a saucepan, cover. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add cumin and puree soup. Reheat if necessary and serve garnished with reserved Edgell Chick Peas and coriander.
For a vegetarian soup use vegetable stock. Curry powder may be used instead of cumin.