Muffins, a cuppa and a bit of a quiet time!
Prep time:20 mins
Cook time:25 mins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125g butter, melted
- 400g can Edgell Chick Peas, drained & mashed
- ½ cup chopped dates
Sift self-raising flour and spice into a mixing bowl, add brown sugar and stir well to break up any lumps.
Add pumpkin, eggs, butter, drained Edgell Chick Peas and dates; mix until just combined.
Spoon into greased or paper patty case lined muffin trays. Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 25 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Lightly mash Chick Peas with a fork, but leave quite chunky for texture. Sultanas or apricots could be substituted for the dates.