Creamed corn, chicken and tomato in a Mexican style soup
Prep time:5 mins
Cook time:10 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped chilli
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 400g can tomato pieces
- 420g can Edgell Creamed Corn
- 3 cups boiling chicken stock
- 1 cup cooked and diced chicken
Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onion, cumin, chilli and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour in tomato pieces, Edgell Creamed Corn, stock and chicken pieces. Simmer for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
For an even heartier dish add a 420g can of drained Edgell Red Kidney Beans in Step 2 with tomato and corn.