Faster than take away, delicious Chinese style chicken corn soup in under 15 minutes.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:13 mins
- 2 rashers middle bacon, chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 420g can Edgell Creamed Corn
- 420g can Edgell Corn Kernels, drained
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Cook bacon, chicken and spring onions in a frypan for 3 minutes.
Stir in stock and Edgell Creamed Corn and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir through Edgell Corn Kernels and warm through
Gradually add the egg whites in a thin stream while whisking continuously. Season with pepper and serve garnished with extra spring onion.
Shredded cooked chicken may be used and added with stock, bring to the boil then skip to Step 3.