A lighter version, packed with vegetables making these tacos a great vegetarian alternative
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:10 mins
- ½ x 30g packet taco seasoning
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ x 500g packet frozen Birds Eye Country Harvest - Garden Mix, cooked following packet directions
- 300g can Edgell Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 pita bread cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cup grated low fat tasty cheese
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- Light sour cream, for serving
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, for serving
Combine taco seasoning and tomatoes in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked Birds Eye Country Harvest Vegetables and Edgell Red Kidney Beans. Spoon into 4 individual shallow ovenproof dishes.
Arrange pita wedges on top of each dish. Sprinkle with cheese and grill until cheese has melted. Serve with avocado and a spoonful of sour cream.
Serve in warmed taco shells, if desired.