The sweetness of beetroot makes this a true Aussie favourite
Prep time:15 mins
Cook time:15 mins
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, or oregano)
- 6 hamburger buns, split in half
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- 425g can Edgell Sliced Beetroot, well drained
- Relish or chutney, for serving
Heat oil in a non stick frypan and lightly brown onion and garlic and add to beef mince with egg, worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs and herbs. Shape mixture into 6 even sized burgers and pan fry or BBQ until cooked through.
Serve burgers in lettuce lined buns and top with drained Edgell Sliced Beetroot. Serve with relish or chutney.
If cooking for a crowd, double this recipe and use an 825g can Edgell Sliced Beetroot.